Improved Insurance Coverage
Fast Casual Restaurant Franchise
- Fanchisor was named in a lawsuit for the actions of a franchisee.
- Franchisor did not have insurance coverage to protect against the claim named in the lawsuit.
- Insurance agent was not providing value, shopping policies or making recommendations as to improving coverage or eliminating gaps.
- Worked in conjunction with legal team and Franchise Business Coaches to successfully limit liability and extricate franchisor from the lawsuit. Cost about $10-20K in legal fees.
- Interviewed 3 insurance agents to better understand the coverages and policies the client should have maintained and what the cost should be.
- Obtained much better service, significantly higher limits, and added both Cyber Crime and Employer Practice Liability insurance coverage for less than the previous agent's premiums.
- Worked with client staff to revise training manuals and policies to specifically target and reduce opportunities for similar lawsuits in the future regardless of insurance coverage or not.
5 Things Every Franchisee Should Know
Written by Kurt Dyck Many small business owners decide to buy into a franchise system rather than start a business from scratch, …
CFO Services for Small Business: Do You Need Them?
By: Jeff Heybruck CFO. You may have traditionally thought this executive-level role reserved for only larger businesses. But now that your business …
How Do I Clean Up My Chart of Accounts?
Written by: Amber Heintz What is the importance of the Chart of Accounts? You may have heard from your CPA, CFO or …