Improved Insurance Coverage
Fast Casual Restaurant Franchise
- Fanchisor was named in a lawsuit for the actions of a franchisee.
- Franchisor did not have insurance coverage to protect against the claim named in the lawsuit.
- Insurance agent was not providing value, shopping policies or making recommendations as to improving coverage or eliminating gaps.
- Worked in conjunction with legal team and Franchise Business Coaches to successfully limit liability and extricate franchisor from the lawsuit. Cost about $10-20K in legal fees.
- Interviewed 3 insurance agents to better understand the coverages and policies the client should have maintained and what the cost should be.
- Obtained much better service, significantly higher limits, and added both Cyber Crime and Employer Practice Liability insurance coverage for less than the previous agent's premiums.
- Worked with client staff to revise training manuals and policies to specifically target and reduce opportunities for similar lawsuits in the future regardless of insurance coverage or not.
How Liquid is the Business?
Liquidity in business has nothing to do with water. It describes how quickly you can sell an asset and convert it into …
Mobile Accounting? It’s Here, Now
This month we’re taking a break from all the PPP and COVID-19 conversations out there. Now that it’s mid-2020, it may be …
Two Things You Must Do Now Relating to COVID-19 & PPP
There has been a lot of confusion regarding the Paycheck Protection Plan (PPP) loans program. It was rushed into law and there …