Improved Insurance Coverage
Fast Casual Restaurant Franchise
- Fanchisor was named in a lawsuit for the actions of a franchisee.
- Franchisor did not have insurance coverage to protect against the claim named in the lawsuit.
- Insurance agent was not providing value, shopping policies or making recommendations as to improving coverage or eliminating gaps.
- Worked in conjunction with legal team and Franchise Business Coaches to successfully limit liability and extricate franchisor from the lawsuit. Cost about $10-20K in legal fees.
- Interviewed 3 insurance agents to better understand the coverages and policies the client should have maintained and what the cost should be.
- Obtained much better service, significantly higher limits, and added both Cyber Crime and Employer Practice Liability insurance coverage for less than the previous agent's premiums.
- Worked with client staff to revise training manuals and policies to specifically target and reduce opportunities for similar lawsuits in the future regardless of insurance coverage or not.
Using Tomorrow’s Job to Pay Yesterday’s Subs
All too often, businesses find themselves using tomorrow’s job to pay yesterday’s subs. This can result in a never ending feedback loop …
How to plan for the impacts of inflation on small business
There is a lot of talk these days in the media about inflation, and since it is a part of normal economic …
When do you capitalize an asset?
Photo credit: Pickawood Sometimes the best topics to discuss here are the ones we, as accountants, overlook. Recently, our marketing consultant asked …