- Regional bank noticed a precipitous decline in borrower financial condition over 5 quarters
- Members of borrower’s management team formed a new entity and offered to buy assets from borrower/bank
- Bank hired Lucrum to investigate borrower financial records for fraud, deception or malfeasance
- Analyzed all available information and provided bank with a list of questions for borrower
- Participated in discussions with borrower and bank representatives
- Documented findings in a memo to bank management listing areas for further investigation as well as missed opportunities by bank to prevent the situation
- Saved bank two days of analysis
- Bank later resold assets at a substantial increase to the price originally offered.
What to do with excess cash in a business?
If I have extra cash from my business thriving what should I do with the cash? As with most good answers, it …
5 Basic Accounting Principles Most Entrepreneurs Get Wrong
For most entrepreneurs, fast growth is the ultimate goal. Many start off with a great idea, hobby, side hustle, or like a …
Virtual CFO Services: The First Thing Your Virtual CFO Service Should Do For Your Business
Written by Jeff Heybruck and Megan Stanton Congratulations! You are a small business owner and have taken the first step and started …