- Regional bank noticed a precipitous decline in borrower financial condition over 5 quarters
- Members of borrower’s management team formed a new entity and offered to buy assets from borrower/bank
- Bank hired Lucrum to investigate borrower financial records for fraud, deception or malfeasance
- Analyzed all available information and provided bank with a list of questions for borrower
- Participated in discussions with borrower and bank representatives
- Documented findings in a memo to bank management listing areas for further investigation as well as missed opportunities by bank to prevent the situation
- Saved bank two days of analysis
- Bank later resold assets at a substantial increase to the price originally offered.
Strategies For Small Businesses to Prevent and Mitigate the Risk of Rising Material Costs
Regardless of industry, rapidly rising or wildly fluctuating material costs can have a negative impact on a business. The same is true …
CPA vs. CFO vs. Controller vs. Bookkeeper: What is the Difference?
Written by: Jeff Heybruck We often encounter business owners trying to figure out their organization’s structure and which roles they need to …
Small Business Finance Questions
This is our third installment of frequently asked questions, (check out our first and second installments) and we hope to give helpful …