- Regional bank noticed a precipitous decline in borrower financial condition over 5 quarters
- Members of borrower’s management team formed a new entity and offered to buy assets from borrower/bank
- Bank hired Lucrum to investigate borrower financial records for fraud, deception or malfeasance
- Analyzed all available information and provided bank with a list of questions for borrower
- Participated in discussions with borrower and bank representatives
- Documented findings in a memo to bank management listing areas for further investigation as well as missed opportunities by bank to prevent the situation
- Saved bank two days of analysis
- Bank later resold assets at a substantial increase to the price originally offered.
Using Tomorrow’s Job to Pay Yesterday’s Subs
All too often, businesses find themselves using tomorrow’s job to pay yesterday’s subs. This can result in a never ending feedback loop …
How to plan for the impacts of inflation on small business
There is a lot of talk these days in the media about inflation, and since it is a part of normal economic …
When do you capitalize an asset?
Photo credit: Pickawood Sometimes the best topics to discuss here are the ones we, as accountants, overlook. Recently, our marketing consultant asked …