- Regional bank noticed a precipitous decline in borrower financial condition over 5 quarters
- Members of borrower’s management team formed a new entity and offered to buy assets from borrower/bank
- Bank hired Lucrum to investigate borrower financial records for fraud, deception or malfeasance
- Analyzed all available information and provided bank with a list of questions for borrower
- Participated in discussions with borrower and bank representatives
- Documented findings in a memo to bank management listing areas for further investigation as well as missed opportunities by bank to prevent the situation
- Saved bank two days of analysis
- Bank later resold assets at a substantial increase to the price originally offered.
5 Things Every Franchisee Should Know
Written by Kurt Dyck Many small business owners decide to buy into a franchise system rather than start a business from scratch, …
CFO Services for Small Business: Do You Need Them?
By: Jeff Heybruck CFO. You may have traditionally thought this executive-level role reserved for only larger businesses. But now that your business …
How Do I Clean Up My Chart of Accounts?
Written by: Amber Heintz What is the importance of the Chart of Accounts? You may have heard from your CPA, CFO or …