Commissioned Sales People
Moving & Storage Company
- Owner struggled to track commissions earned vs. paid
- Sales team was frustrated due to wide variations in cash flow from one pay period to next
- Bookkeeper had to reconcile accounts and correct discrepancies causing distrust between sales force and office staff
- Transitioned all commissioned employees to bi-weekly draw with quarterly bonuses to smooth cash flows and simplify payroll reporting;
- Created one custom report for office manager, owner, and sales force to review and track performance;
- Eliminated non-value adding administrative tasks.
- Increased overall efficiency by 4 man-hours per week.
- Enhanced clarity and comprehension for all parties
- Minimized administrative workload.
What to do with excess cash in a business?
If I have extra cash from my business thriving what should I do with the cash? As with most good answers, it …
5 Basic Accounting Principles Most Entrepreneurs Get Wrong
For most entrepreneurs, fast growth is the ultimate goal. Many start off with a great idea, hobby, side hustle, or like a …
Virtual CFO Services: The First Thing Your Virtual CFO Service Should Do For Your Business
Written by Jeff Heybruck and Megan Stanton Congratulations! You are a small business owner and have taken the first step and started …