Commissioned Sales People
Moving & Storage Company
- Owner struggled to track commissions earned vs. paid
- Sales team was frustrated due to wide variations in cash flow from one pay period to next
- Bookkeeper had to reconcile accounts and correct discrepancies causing distrust between sales force and office staff
- Transitioned all commissioned employees to bi-weekly draw with quarterly bonuses to smooth cash flows and simplify payroll reporting;
- Created one custom report for office manager, owner, and sales force to review and track performance;
- Eliminated non-value adding administrative tasks.
- Increased overall efficiency by 4 man-hours per week.
- Enhanced clarity and comprehension for all parties
- Minimized administrative workload.
Strategies For Small Businesses to Prevent and Mitigate the Risk of Rising Material Costs
Regardless of industry, rapidly rising or wildly fluctuating material costs can have a negative impact on a business. The same is true …
CPA vs. CFO vs. Controller vs. Bookkeeper: What is the Difference?
Written by: Jeff Heybruck We often encounter business owners trying to figure out their organization’s structure and which roles they need to …
Small Business Finance Questions
This is our third installment of frequently asked questions, (check out our first and second installments) and we hope to give helpful …