Changes in Economic Trends
Construction Equipment Sales Business
- Management consultant hired Lucrum to investigate financials after struggling to identify where cash was being spent given the relatively healthy profit margins of the business.
- Business owner was distracted and not actively managing business; did not account for changes in trends and economies nor did he adjust his lifestyle to accommodate reduced disposable income.
- Analyzed 3 years of financials to identify discretionary expenditures paid using company funds.
- Identified both personal/luxury spending as well as frivolous/wasteful spending on behalf of company.
- Management consultant used this information to help client restructure business, successfully preserving significant portion of the client's net worth.
- Worked with banks to restructure loans and refinance various debts to maintain healthy cash flow while accelerating payoff dates.
Using Tomorrow’s Job to Pay Yesterday’s Subs
All too often, businesses find themselves using tomorrow’s job to pay yesterday’s subs. This can result in a never ending feedback loop …
How to plan for the impacts of inflation on small business
There is a lot of talk these days in the media about inflation, and since it is a part of normal economic …
When do you capitalize an asset?
Photo credit: Pickawood Sometimes the best topics to discuss here are the ones we, as accountants, overlook. Recently, our marketing consultant asked …