Bookkeeping Best Practices
- Originally hired to help train and supervise client bookkeeper. Discovered bookkeeper was not following basic accounting practices and leaving client open to theft.
- Found that while sales were being recorded, cash and checks were not being deposited; over $4,000 of cash and endorsed checks sitting in petty cash box.
- Immediately recommended client replace under-performing employee, created job ad and screened candidates prior to interviews.
- Streamlined accounting processes, improved both sales and collections, and created standard reporting package that new office manager was able to independently produce monthly.
- Within 6 months of hire date Lucrum & new office manager had identified $10,000 in annual expense reductions.
- Converted a position from a burden and potential theft risk into a value-adding role who actively participated in day-to-day operations and management.
What to do with excess cash in a business?
If I have extra cash from my business thriving what should I do with the cash? As with most good answers, it …
5 Basic Accounting Principles Most Entrepreneurs Get Wrong
For most entrepreneurs, fast growth is the ultimate goal. Many start off with a great idea, hobby, side hustle, or like a …
Virtual CFO Services: The First Thing Your Virtual CFO Service Should Do For Your Business
Written by Jeff Heybruck and Megan Stanton Congratulations! You are a small business owner and have taken the first step and started …