Bookkeeping Best Practices
- Originally hired to help train and supervise client bookkeeper. Discovered bookkeeper was not following basic accounting practices and leaving client open to theft.
- Found that while sales were being recorded, cash and checks were not being deposited; over $4,000 of cash and endorsed checks sitting in petty cash box.
- Immediately recommended client replace under-performing employee, created job ad and screened candidates prior to interviews.
- Streamlined accounting processes, improved both sales and collections, and created standard reporting package that new office manager was able to independently produce monthly.
- Within 6 months of hire date Lucrum & new office manager had identified $10,000 in annual expense reductions.
- Converted a position from a burden and potential theft risk into a value-adding role who actively participated in day-to-day operations and management.
Managing Through Crisis
We’re all dealing with uncharted territory during the COVID-19 pandemic. But now that we’re a couple-three weeks into it, most of us …
Avoidable AP Mistakes
Avoidable Accounts Payable Errors: What to Watch Out for When paying a bill for a business, we all try to be 100 …
How to Stop Robocalls
Everyone receives them (probably more than once a day) and every single time they’re painful, tedious, and unsolicited. Robocalls . . . …