Bookkeeping Best Practices
- Originally hired to help train and supervise client bookkeeper. Discovered bookkeeper was not following basic accounting practices and leaving client open to theft.
- Found that while sales were being recorded, cash and checks were not being deposited; over $4,000 of cash and endorsed checks sitting in petty cash box.
- Immediately recommended client replace under-performing employee, created job ad and screened candidates prior to interviews.
- Streamlined accounting processes, improved both sales and collections, and created standard reporting package that new office manager was able to independently produce monthly.
- Within 6 months of hire date Lucrum & new office manager had identified $10,000 in annual expense reductions.
- Converted a position from a burden and potential theft risk into a value-adding role who actively participated in day-to-day operations and management.
Outsourced CFO Services – Like A Personal Trainer for Your Business
Written by: Megan Stanton What does a good outsourced CFO do? A good outsourced CFO can be likened to a personal trainer …
What to Do When an Employee Is Terminated
Most business owners will have to terminate an employee at some point in their career. A termination event can be tense for …
Making the Tough Calls on Spending
If revenue hasn’t come back as fast as expected, it may be time to review the budget and determine if some planned …