Bookkeeping Best Practices
- Originally hired to help train and supervise client bookkeeper. Discovered bookkeeper was not following basic accounting practices and leaving client open to theft.
- Found that while sales were being recorded, cash and checks were not being deposited; over $4,000 of cash and endorsed checks sitting in petty cash box.
- Immediately recommended client replace under-performing employee, created job ad and screened candidates prior to interviews.
- Streamlined accounting processes, improved both sales and collections, and created standard reporting package that new office manager was able to independently produce monthly.
- Within 6 months of hire date Lucrum & new office manager had identified $10,000 in annual expense reductions.
- Converted a position from a burden and potential theft risk into a value-adding role who actively participated in day-to-day operations and management.
How Liquid is the Business?
Liquidity in business has nothing to do with water. It describes how quickly you can sell an asset and convert it into …
Mobile Accounting? It’s Here, Now
This month we’re taking a break from all the PPP and COVID-19 conversations out there. Now that it’s mid-2020, it may be …
Two Things You Must Do Now Relating to COVID-19 & PPP
There has been a lot of confusion regarding the Paycheck Protection Plan (PPP) loans program. It was rushed into law and there …