Welcome to the Lucrum Consulting careers page!
Lucrum Consulting is growing and we are looking for team members who are committed to excellence. We offer competitive pay, benefits and opportunity for advancement. We have both full and part-time careers available. If you are interested in joining the Lucrum team, please submit your resume and answer a few questions by clicking on the link below. This submission will take approximately 20-30 minutes.
Lucrum Consulting is currently seeking a Client Accounting Specialist who will be responsible for providing Bookkeeping services and managing client engagement, as well as contributing to process improvements and identifying new opportunities with our clients.
Bookkeeping Duties & Essential Job Functions
- Enter bills
- Print checks
- Record deposits
- Create invoices
- Reconcile statements
- Post journal entries
- Reconcile accounts
- Research and investigate inquiries
- Process payroll (interact with payroll provider)
- Review and reconcile payroll reports
- Process 1099s
- Review ledger and balance sheets
- Generate reports
- Create custom reports
- Review reports for accuracy
- Resolve problems or escalate as necessary
- Work with CPAs to prepare tax forms
- Provide information for insurance audits
- Track and complete misc. business registrations
- Prioritize workload
- Track due dates of renewals
- Education: Candidate must have completed High School. Preference will be given to candidates that have completed an Associates, BA, or BS Degree in Accounting Related Education
- Experience: 3+ years previous bookkeeping and/or accounting experience. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in contracting and construction industries.
- Time Management: Ability to prioritize, schedule, and manage tasks for multiple clients within the time-frame and budget established for each client.
- Problem Solving: Recognize and anticipate problems, work with our team to develop solutions, and assist clients in improving processes.
- Client Management: Listen and respond effectively to client questions and requests, manage scope of work, and identify additional areas in which Lucrum can help the client.
- Attention to Detail / Accuracy: Willingness and ability to check your work outputs multiple times using multiple methods to ensure no errors are made
- Communication: Ability to effectively communicate financial transactions and entries with Clients and Team members via e-mail and telephone. Preference will be given to candidates that can explain complex accounting concepts in terms that non-Accounting people can understand
- Automation / Tools: Must be highly proficient in the use of QuickBooks (Desktop and Online versions) and Microsoft Excel. Must be willing and able to learn and implement new software applications and technologies including other accounting systems.
Job Location and Work Environment
- Candidate must currently reside in the Charlotte North Carolina area
- Candidate must be willing to travel to multiple client sites and be located at client sites 50% of the time
- Candidate will be required to attend weekly staff meetings at our Charlotte Office
- Candidate may work remote 50% of the time or work from our Charlotte Office
Lucrum Consulting, Inc., founded in 2009, works with business owners and accounting teams of mid-sized, locally owned companies, to create, measure and manage their financial resources – leveraging them to their greatest impactand is looking to hire a great fit for a CFO Consultant. This individual will work directly with the President/Owner and will be responsible for managing client financial and business activities, managing client relationships and contributing to new client acquisitions through networking or referrals but not through direct sales or cold calling. This individual will work autonomously so exceptional self-management and self-starting skills are important.
In addition to strong accounting, finance and computer skills, the ideal candidate must demonstrate:
- An efficiency with resources, and passion toward profitability for clients and Lucrum Consulting,
- The ability to maintain focus and commitment to processes,
- The ability to see the big picture, the pieces that make it up, and to use this ability in advising our clients,
- Good judgment and strong critical thinking skills, on behalf of our clients and Lucrum Consulting,
- Strong self-management skills to balance workload and changing priorities,
- Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to help our clients get creative with new solutions to old problems,
- A thirst for learning, research, and understanding – both in our business and the industries of our clients and
- Strong customer focus and exceptional skill at cultivating long-term relationships with clients and colleagues.
The candidate will need to embrace the concept of being accountable for his or her own actions, and understand what is necessary to accomplish the work. A proven record of delivering results and a thirst for working with and analyzing data is needed.
- 10 years previous accounting experience
- Experience in the contracting/construction industries
- Job costing experience
- Tax experience is a plus
- Must be highly proficient in QuickBooks and Excel